Thank you SO MUCH Deviant Wench!!! We are so humbled, thankful, stoked, honored and tickled pink!
So the next thought after “Wow! Thanks!” was “What the heck is a Liebster”? Basically Liebster is German (my Oma would be pissed at me for not knowing this) and means sweetest, dearest, lovely, kind, beloved, valued, and eadering.
The award is given to new, up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. And are folks who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging.
There are a few rules. Including a get to know me, a get to know you and a pay it forward. Again H U G E thanks to DW for the nomination!!!
The rules for accepting the “Liebster Blog Award”:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Post 11 things about yourself.
3. Copy and answer the 11 questions from your nominator’s blog post.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers, link them, and let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer about themselves.
11 Things About Me/Us
1. We just recently turned 40. *gasp*
2. I am a fiend for cake. My inner fat kid freaks out every time cake is seen, mentioned or smelled. *CAKE*
3. I just recently got a job after not having one for a while. Yet within 2 weeks i realized i loathe it. The hours blow, i work weekends and some of the folks i work with are nauseating. Silver lining: at least i am gainfully employed – which is a tough thing to be these days.
4. We just recently started taking ballroom dancing lessons. Re-building our bond and strengthening our partnership.
5. Everything we write about in our blog is true. Content is only edited for length.
6. We have two fur babies, both sisters from the same litter. One is scrawny and is in love with Sir, the other looks like a baby seal and is in love with food.
7. I fall in and out of adoration with coffee and tea. In high school i was devoted to coffee. In college, tea. During my 30s – back to coffee. Now, i’m digging on tea again. Current tea passion: Earl Grey.
8. At age 12, i wanted to be Indiana Jones by day and a fashion photographer by night.
9. I wish we lived abroad permanently. I feel displaced living where i do…so fish out of water. Ideal place? England, Ireland or Italy.
10. I’m slowly working on writing an erotic novel, so Sir and i can travel.
11. There is not a day that goes by that i do not thank the higher power for allowing me a second chance with my Husband. Even though i’ve been through some crazy shit in my lifetime, i am a very very very lucky girl to have my one and only Sir in my life. ilyE!
My 11 Nominees
Okay, so there is no real rhyme or reason as who i’ve picked as my 11 (+2 for good measure). These are all blogs we enjoy reading. A few i’ve found. A few my Husband has found. And a few have found us.
They’re blogs from people who are genuine, brave and honest. Some have made us laugh. Some have made us cry. And some have broken our hearts.
Let’s Stay Together
Til Death Us Do Part
The Romantic Misogynist
Repairing Shattered Pieces
Still loving him… (Broken Heart Recovery)
Healing After My Husband’s Affair
Not Over It
Questions from Deviant Wench:
Why did you start a blog?
I started the blog at the urging of my Husband. After the things i had written on fetlife about Him, while all crazied-up and cheating, we decided i needed to write about the truth of what we’re going through. Also to provide me with an outlet to write. It’s one of the things i absolutely adore doing.
How would you describe yourself in a personal ad in the paper?
Sorry, this question is a trigger for us. During my affair i had used fetlife. So i respectfully decline answering.
Do you have an unusual talent?
I have the knack of pissing on the wheels of progress. Ie: standing in the way. Aka: cock blocking. It’s an unconscious behavior. I’m sure it will eventually be spanked out of me. lol
What was your best Halloween costume ever?
The Wicked Witch of the West, green paint and all. Actually won the contest that night.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
I’m guilty of it sometimes; it gets my knickers in a twist when people do not proofread.
What is your astrological sign? Is it true what they say?
Gemini. Yes…good, bad and ugly.
What scares the hell out of you?
Losing my Husband forever.
What was your worst injury as a child?
While on a class trip, i fell and split open my knee – needed 13 stitches. The other childhood trauma i’m still working through in therapy.
What is your favorite smell?
Linen fresh fabric softener or baby powder. The smell reminds me of my great-grandmother.
What is your least favorite movie genre?
Anime and/or Horror. I already have a lot of odd things bouncing around in my head, more just gives me nightmares.
Why is a raven like a writing desk?
“I haven’t the slightest idea,” says MH. :)
Supplemental Question (Since i didn’t answer #2)
If you’re about to have your last meal, what would it be?
It’s from my childhood. We used to have mega Italian meals at Christmas (my nonna’s thing). It’s 7 courses. 1)Antipasti, 2)Insalata, 3)Egg, celery and anise soup, 4)Cheese Ravioli, 5)Braciole with mostaccioli, 6)Fruit & cheese, 7)Coffee and dessert.
My 11 questions
1. If you’re about to have your last meal, what would it be?
2. What is something great that’s happened to you/your blog since you started blogging?
3. What’s the story behind your blog name and why you started blogging?
4. What do you aim to achieve with your blog in the next 5 years?
5. Share with us one childhood memory, happy or sad, which had an impact on you.
6. Where in the world would you like to visit?
7. Is there a hobby that you’ve desired to pursue, but haven’t? What is it?
8. Do you have any writing rituals?
9. If you could shadow someone for a day, who would you choose and why?
10. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
11. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?